Hello readers! It’s been a while. I know you guys have been waiting for this post as I promised from my last post about taxes. However, I’ve been too busy doing stuffs for my clients and travelling with my family so I really don’t have spare time in the past few months. Anyway, I’m here again to continue my series of tax posts and I promise to be as detailed as possible like the previous ones.
If you haven’t read my previous post yet, click the following link below:
1. First, download the latest version of the Offline eBIRForms Package here. Once downloaded, extract the file, run the installer and follow the prompt. Done installing? Okay, move on to the next step.
2. Run the software and fill up the information on the fields. Save it so that the next time you open eBIRForms, you’ll just have to enter your TIN and the fields will be filled up automatically.
3. If you need any BIR form, just choose on the dropdown list and click “Fill Up”. For example, I need to pay my Monthly Percentage Tax so I’m using the Form 2551M. Upon choosing that form, it will show you a new window with the filled up form.
4. On Part II which is Computation of Tax, click “ATC” and choose PT010 – Person Exempt from VAT Under Sec. 109V (Sec. 16). Note that this guide is meant for freelancers who registered non-VAT. If not, just choose whatever is applicable to what you’ve registered.
5. As you can see, a new field appears. Enter your income on the box of “Taxable Amount” and voila! Your tax has been computed automatically by the system.
6. Click “Save” and “Validate” your form. The system will notify you if there are errors of required fields that you missed.
7. Once validation is successful, you can now “Print” your form. Make sure to print 3 copies. Other banks ask for 4 copies so just print an extra one.
8. If you’re done, go back to the previous screen and click “Submit / Final Copy”. A box will pop up reminding you to pay on Authorized Agent Banks or via GCash.
9. Click “OK” and wait for the email notification. Congratulations! You’re all done.
Don’t forget to pay your taxes on time on any Authorized Agent Banks within the jurisdiction of your RDO or via GCash to prevent penalties. After paying, there’s no need to go to the BIR to manually submit or file the form. That’s the advantage of using eBIRForms; you no longer have to go through the hassle of lining up in the BIR office to submit the documents. By the way, here's the sample email confirmation from the BIR.
Happy Tax Filing!
I am a freelance web designer, web developer and SEO specialist - one of the “Top Rated” web designers on Upwork. Living a digital nomad lifestyle, our family loves to explore the outdoors together while doing some freelance jobs in between. Know more about our family adventures at wyattmaktrav.com - named after my son Wyatt Maktrav.